University of Notre Dame, 2007 - $14,700
This E-Team is developing SolarShade, a solar-powered aftermarket window treatment solution designed to selectably tint a window at the push of a button. Using a remote control, the customer can adjust the level of tinting from clear to opaque. SolarShade itself is a lightweight, semi-rigid sheet of plastic made from offset planes of polarized material. The sheet can be manufactured to fit into any existing window track or frame, right over the window itself.
- The team attended Open Minds 2008 in Dallas, and 2 years later incorporated as Lono, LLC.
- Feature in Planet Green.com (2009)
- MassChallenge 2011 finalist
- Third place winner at the Saint-Gobain NOVA Innovation Competition (November 2012)
- About NCIIA
- Meet our grantees
- For students
- For faculty
- Specialty training programs
- Annual conference
- NCIIA in the news